To help small groups of people initiate careers in remote software testing via a 10-week scholarship-based program.
Graduates will grow from having little or no industry knowledge, to possessing the necessary QA skills to become a software tester at Testlio or any other tech company.
How does Testlio Ignite help program participants?
Earn while you learn. The program offers direct grants. We anticipate that these grants will be between $150 and $450 per week, based on participant locations and other factors. We expect the program commitment to be between 10 and 15 hours per week.
The Testlio Ignite program can provide connectivity, technology, and other resources to help participants begin their remote software testing journey.
With Testlio Ignite, we assume participants are new to software testing. Through self-paced online sessions, video conference meetings, and other forms of training, we will provide participants with conceptual and practical knowledge.
Key to the program is 1-1 mentorship with a full-time Testlio Services employee. We believe that mentorship will be an important part of the journey through the Testlio Ignite program.
We anticipate that 10 people will participate in the program. We plan to create multiple, shared experiences so that participants can connect with each other.
Through Testlio Ignite, you will have a chance to work on real software testing initiatives for one or more Testlio Clients. You will gain real work experience that will be directly applicable to your resume.
Apps Manual Testing
Learn to evaluate system or user interface design, analyze devices, execute tests, and how to verify software features and bug fixes.
Desktop and Web Testing
Learn cross browser and cross platform testing to see what it takes to ensure a website looks good and behaves correctly no matter what device it is being used on.
Data Analytics Testing
Learn data preparation and analysis techniques, and how to use data visualization tools to demonstrate effective testing strategies.
Career Development and Skills
Immerse yourself in new skills for igniting your new career into the future, such as building a killer resume, eloquent interview techniques and engaging conversations to win the job.
- Have you experienced violence or abuse?
- Have you been forced to migrate to a country that is not yours due to war or political issues?
- Have you been incarcerated?
- Have you ever been racially or ethnically marginalized or discriminated against because of who you are?
You are not alone. Like you, millions of other people have felt the struggles of employment challenges because of who they are and/or experiences they have lived. Many of us at Testlio have personal experiences with life and career challenges. We understand that sometimes they create blockages.
Testlio Ignite is designed to open doors to new life and career opportunities. Our approach challenges discrimination so that all participants in our program can learn, grow and thrive while building a new future in remote software testing.
We welcome everyone to apply to Testlio Ignite. We especially urge you to consider the program if you connect with one or more of the following identities and/or experiences:
Possible Identity Characteristics
(May Include One or More)
- Mixed Abilities
(May Include One or More)
- Forced Migration
- Health Challenges
- Low Income
Please understand that the list above is not meant to be fully representative, nor exhaustive. Any lists like these will inevitably fall short and miss certain concepts. We apologize for this.
We also apologize if we inadvertently use any terms or concepts that feel dated and/or non-inclusive. Our goal with this program is to create a highly inclusive experience for people who have experienced challenges with life and work.
Testlio Ignite allows you to work from your home—in a wide variety of locations. You can participate in countries that are between US Pacific and Eastern European/Central African Time Zones. This includes South, Central and North America; some of the Middle East; all of Europe; and much of Africa.
Unfortunately, at this moment we cannot offer the program in other areas. If you are not part of these Time Zones, we encourage you to stay in touch as we will explore additional (including APAC) opportunities in the future. Please also visit the Network section of our website to learn more about current freelance opportunities.
For example, we seek to address issues like:
- Only 7% of US tech jobs are currently filled by Black people, less than 6% are filled by Latino people, and less than 1% are filled by Native Americans. Too often, People of Color are not being welcomed into the technology industry.
- 77 million Americans have a criminal record. 600,000 people are released from prison each year. Too often, it is too hard for formerly incarcerated people to land meaningful, well-paying work.
- There are approximately 26 million refugees globally. The number of refugees admitted into the US has been on a multi-year decline. Too often, the hurdles to work are too high for refugees.
- Women hold only 26% of technology job, even though they make up 47% of the US workforce. Too often, women are forced to choose between compelling technology work and family care requirements
- 20% of LGBTQ Americans have experienced discrimination when applying for jobs. 53% of LGBTQ employees have heard lesbian and gay jokes at work. Too often, workplaces are not inviting to all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Per above, these are a sample of the challenges that we see in the world. And we hold that each person’s journey is a unique one. Please don’t feel discouraged if the concepts above don’t exactly describe you—or your situation. If you are interested in Testlio Ignite, we encourage you to apply next year.