What to Expect with Testlio’s Fully Managed Regression Testing
Your Regression Test Case Checklist
- Cases with frequent defects
- Functionalities highly visible to users
- Cases which verify core features of the product
- Cases of functionalities that have undergone recent changes
- All complex and integration test cases
- Boundary value test cases
- A sample of Successful test cases
- A sample of Failure test cases
App Regression Testing Examples
Major U.S. Publisher
One of Testlio’s media clients, a top-three U.S. newspaper by circulation, is a 10 most installed Magazine and Newspaper app available on a variety of Apple and Android devices and OS, including phones, tablets, voice, and wearables. The app provides subscribers breaking and personalized news, streaming video, games, podcasts, local weather updates, and more.
As an advertising-driven business, our client must track user behaviors like stories and videos viewed, ads clicked, display mode selected, browser and device type, and 100s of other actions and preferences.
- Testlio’s regression testing process began with an end-to-end pass of the app to identify the full scope of functionality.
- We then created 100s of test cases and uploaded them into the Testlio software testing platform to manage future tests.
- With a cadence to match the client’s agile development process, Testlio incorporates ongoing analytics testing into the regression tests to assess and validate if expected actions align with actual behaviors.
- Testlio also uses Charles Proxy to assure all the data is accurately recorded within their analytics tracking. This includes tracking such as:
- The stories and videos clicked and viewed
- If the ads appearing where, when, and in the proper format that they are supposed to appear
- If the served ads are recorded in the backend
Testlio’s media clients need ad data for revenue purposes and trust our end-to-end regression testing capability to get the job done.
Leading Global Provider of Hotel Accommodations
Our client, a leading provider of hotel accommodations worldwide, is a top 25 best-rated travel app on the Apple App Store and a Google Play Editors’ Choice winner with over 10 Million installs.
Their sophisticated travel app offers tremendous value to users. Features and services include great deals, a rewards program, in-depth sort and filter options, a variety of secure payment methods, voice search options, notifications, and many other features.
Testlio helps augment their small in-house QA team who had been taking up to three weeks to perform manual regression testing. Given the frequency of app updates and code changes, they would typically get a release candidate and start all over again.
Crowdsourced regression testing is more efficient than adding additional full-time testers and provides the speed and flexibility necessary for today’s continuous development initiatives.
The Testlio Difference
Extend your software testing efforts to cover what matters to your customers with real-world testers on real devices and OS combinations or with racked devices from AWS Device Farm. Any device. Any location. Any language.
Augment your QA team with on-demand regression testing services. Testlio testers work in short bursts to avoid fatigue and maintain objectivity.
Testlio offers a select pool of the best-trained, most-motivated testers and quality engineers in the business. They understand software testing and provide useful feedback to improve your customer experience.